For 2017-2018 Tournament, here’s what we have from Novelis as of 12-Sep-2017; “We have some funds earmarked for DI this year, but the amount is to be determined. I expect funds to be sent before the end of the calendar year, …” Thank you Novelis! These funds will be used toward a donation to reimburse teams for the cost of the Region 1 memberships packets from Destination Imagination as a contribution to the regional teams. You or your coordinator will purchase Memberships as usual and once the team has submitted their Regional Team Registration you will be sent the reimbursement for the membership. It is important that the information you enter at this site matches that ID information. If your team should move on to higher levels, the continuity of information is essential. To speed the reimbursement process, the Treasurer needs to know who the check should be made payable to and for 2017-2018 Tournament year, he needs a copy of your invoice from DI because there are so many different amounts. Please help this process by filling out this form.
This year your team will register for the Regional tournament on the Ohio Website.
Please use this Registration worksheet to compile information.
Collect the following information:
- The team membership Number
- School and District
- Challenge (problem) and team level (read RotR about team formation)
- Your name, e-mail address (preferably one you check regularly), phones, Address.
- The Assistant team manager’s name, e-mail address (preferably one they check regularly), phones, Address.
- Name (spelled correctly), grade, age, and school for at least 2 team members
- Any scheduling problems (Please include information such as a Team Manager with more than one team (list additional team information), a team member or Manager with physical disability and any potential schedule conflicts. The information needs to be included on this form so that we may schedule the tournament in a timely manner. )
Fill in the online tournament registration form. Link is on our registration page with more details.
You will received an invoice from Region 1.
Return a copy of the invoice with your payment to:
Robert Capp, Regional Treasurer
1166 Townsend Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44505
Please make all checks out to Ohio Kids for Creativity Region 1
(Please read the Rules of the Road about adding team members. The staff at the Main Challenge will be checking official team rosters against the team members who show up on Tournament day.) Please note that no guarantees are made that members names will be included in the program if changes are requested after January 30th.
Before the posted deadline, see that your two Appraisers and one Volunteer fill in their registration forms.
Before the posted deadlines, order Challenge pins if you wish, also supply advertising forms and see if any team members wish to participate in the annual t-shirt design competition.