Destination Imagination ®
WE DO DI
Region 1 is located in Northeast Ohio and is comprised of Ashtabula, Trumbull and Mahoning Counties.
the people that make things happen in REGION 1
The most important people in DI. Get Started Today!
Our team managers provide an environment that encourages team work and creativity.
Our appraisers train to learn the Challenges and are a vital part of our tournament.
Our volunteers help with so many tasks on tournament day.
Challenge Masters are special folks. It’s their responsibility to see that each challenge at the Regional Tournament runs correctly with a fully trained set of Appraisers.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
CURRENT CHALLENGE MASTERS
Board members represent the membership and are a vital part of Region1. We ask that each District or School membership have an active member on the board.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
The Executive Board is the elected board responsible for the affairs of the region. The Regional Director and Assistant Director represent our region in state affiliate meetings.
TAP OR CLICK FOR
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Resources for 2019 Affiliate Secondary TeamsIf you are a member of a secondary team during the 2019 tournament season, there are a number of resources that you may be interested in: Graduating Seniors Register as an Alum – If you are a graduating senior, we encourage you to keep in touch with OHDI by filling out this alumni registration form!…
- 2019 OHDI PinsThe OKC Board is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 OHDI pin contest! Zane Sheeks (Lake Geneva, WI) came up with the Monster Chest idea. Zane will receive $100 and several sets of pins plus a plaque honoring his achievement. The designer of the chess set pins wishes to remain anonymous. We would…
- Invitation to Attend DI PolandDear International Guests, We are pleased to inform that our DI Poland Tournament will take place on 11-13th March 2018. Therefore we would like to INVITE all of you to participate and celebrate creativity with us in our beautiful city of Wroclaw – called ‘the meeting place’. You will find the INVITATION and REGISTRATION FORM…
- About the Team ChallengeHave you ever wondered what the Team Challenge is? Maybe you’ve been a long-time DI supporter/participant, but lost sight of the purpose and process when it comes to the Team Challenge. The video below, created by Destination Imagination Headquarters, provides an overview of the Team Challenge.
- The Creativity has Begun! What Do I Do Now?You’ve purchased your Destination Imagination (DI) Team Number, downloaded the Challenge materials from the Resource Area, and set your first meeting for next weekend. Congratulations! You are officially a Team Manager. But, wait! If you are an experienced Team Manager, you might be wondering if there is anything new you need to know. If you […]
- New DI Youth Protection Policy ReleasedAs an organization that provides programs and events for youth, the commitment to safety is a top priority for Destination Imagination (DI) and we strive to provide every team member with the safest possible experience. Destination Imagination has developed and implemented a Youth Protection Policy to provide all Destination Imagination participants, Team Managers, Appraisers, Challenge […]
- New Season of Destination Imagination is Now Open!It’s time to officially kick off a brand new, creative season of Destination Imagination! The 2019-20 Team Challenges, as well as our Roadmap and Rules of the Road resources, are now available for download in the Resource Area. In order to view or download these materials, you must have a 2019-20 Team Number. (Please note: […]
- Team Managers & Alumni: Guest Blog for Us!Remember what it was like when you were on a Destination Imagination team, or when you began your journey as a first-time Team Manager? Over the past five years, we’ve worked with Destination Imagination alumni and volunteers to help make our blog a unique, easily accessible resource to help teams and Team Managers throughout the […]
Dates to Remember
2nd Thursday each month- Region 1 Board (Denny's Belmont @ I-80, 6:30 dinner, 7:00 Business)
March 2, 2019 Board Meeting directly following Appraiser Training.
20 Oct 2018 – OKC Meeting and NEW RCM in-person Training
10 Nov 2018 – Team Manager Training Day! (Form due about a week before)
30 Nov 2018 – Deadline for OKC Global Pin(s) design contest.
The following are based upon a Mar 16 Tournament date
31-Dec-2018 – Team Tournament Registration EARLY BIRD Deadline.
15-Jan-2019 – Team Tournament Registration Deadline.
12-26-Jan-2019 – Remote RCM Challenge-specific Training per the ACMs
31-Jan-2019 – Pin Order deadlines.
02-Feb-2019 – T-shirt contest form deadline.
14-Feb-2019 – Appraiser & Volunteer Form Deadline. The will be NO extensions as the Appraiser Assignment team will be making assignments on 02/16 or 17 so that the CM’s will know their staff and so the Appraisers can be informed of their assignments ahead of Training.
24-Feb-2019 – Advertising Form Deadline
02-Mar-2019 – Appraiser Training at Niles First United Methodist Church MAP
16-Mar-2019 – Tournament @ Youngstown State
18-Mar-2019 – Forms for Ohio DI Tournament due (non-compliance will cost Region 1 money)
30-Mar-2019 – Ohio DI Tournament, Beaver Local Schools, Columbiana County
22-May-2019 – Global Finals, Convention Center, Kansas City, MO