Destination Imagination ®
WE DO DI
Region 1 is located in Northeast Ohio and is comprised of Ashtabula, Trumbull and Mahoning Counties.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE!
Ohio DI is announcing an important new policy that will impact all Team Managers, Assistant Team Managers, and Regional Challenge Masters for the 2019-2020 DI season. As required by Destination Imagination’s Rules of the Road, III.D.7 (page 8), all adults (18 years of age and older) serving in these roles must submit to an approved background check. This change, part of DI’s Youth Protection Policy, will help ensure that our program continues to be a safe and positive experience for all of our student participants.
the people that make things happen in REGION 1
The most important people in DI. Get Started Today!
Our team managers provide an environment that encourages team work and creativity.
Our appraisers train to learn the Challenges and are a vital part of our tournament.
Our volunteers help with so many tasks on tournament day.
Challenge Masters are special folks. It’s their responsibility to see that each challenge at the Regional Tournament runs correctly with a fully trained set of Appraisers.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
CURRENT CHALLENGE MASTERS
Board members represent the membership and are a vital part of Region1. We ask that each District or School membership have an active member on the board.
TAP OR CLICK
TO SEE THE
The Executive Board is the elected board responsible for the affairs of the region. The Regional Director and Assistant Director represent our region in state affiliate meetings.
TAP OR CLICK FOR
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Resources for 2019 Affiliate Secondary TeamsIf you are a member of a secondary team during the 2019 tournament season, there are a number of resources that you may be interested in: Graduating Seniors Register as an Alum – If you are a graduating senior, we encourage you to keep in touch with OHDI by filling out this alumni registration form!…
- 2019 OHDI PinsThe OKC Board is pleased to announce the winners of the 2019 OHDI pin contest! Zane Sheeks (Lake Geneva, WI) came up with the Monster Chest idea. Zane will receive $100 and several sets of pins plus a plaque honoring his achievement. The designer of the chess set pins wishes to remain anonymous. We would…
- Invitation to Attend DI PolandDear International Guests, We are pleased to inform that our DI Poland Tournament will take place on 11-13th March 2018. Therefore we would like to INVITE all of you to participate and celebrate creativity with us in our beautiful city of Wroclaw – called ‘the meeting place’. You will find the INVITATION and REGISTRATION FORM…
- About the Team ChallengeHave you ever wondered what the Team Challenge is? Maybe you’ve been a long-time DI supporter/participant, but lost sight of the purpose and process when it comes to the Team Challenge. The video below, created by Destination Imagination Headquarters, provides an overview of the Team Challenge.
- Congrats to Our Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest Winners!Thank you to all of the students who participated in our Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest! For this contest, we asked kids and teens to use their imagination and CRAFTivity to celebrate the good, the bad and the ugly of the winter holiday season by designing their own Ugly Holiday Sweater. We’re excited to announce our […]
- Apply for a DISC ScholarshipUse your creativity to earn a scholarship! Thanks to the Destination Imagination (DI) community’s amazing support this past season, the Destination Imagination Scholarship Committee (DISC) will offer up to $30,000 in creativity and volunteerism scholarships to deserving candidates. To be considered for one of this season’s DISC scholarships, applicants are required to create a solution in one of two categories: Marketing or […]
- Become a Team or Instant Challenge DeveloperWe are excited to announce that the applications to become a Destination Imagination (DI) Team Challenge or Instant Challenge Developer are now available! Becoming a member of a Challenge Development team is a great way to engage with DI as an adult volunteer. By bringing together varied, like-minded, and collaborative people, DI has been able […]
- Volunteers Needed!At Destination Imagination (DI), we believe we have the ability to make a tremendous impact on the lives of both students and communities around the globe – but we can’t do it alone. As a volunteer-led nonprofit, we rely heavily on the efforts and energy of volunteers in more than 45 states and 30 countries. […]
Dates to Remember
Board Meetings are the 2nd Thursday each month- Region 1 Board (Denny's Belmont @ I-80, 6:30 dinner, 7:00 Business) Exceptions are November 2019, December 2019 and February 2020. See Below
9-Nov 2019 – Team Manager Training Day!
9-Nov 2019 - November Board Meeting
10-Dec-2019 – December Board Meeting
31-Dec-2019 – Team Tournament Registration EARLY BIRD Deadline.
15-Jan-2020 – Team Tournament Registration Deadline.
31-Jan-2020 – Pin Order deadlines.
1-Feb-2020 – T-shirt contest form deadline.
13-Feb-2020 – Appraiser & Volunteer Form Deadline. The will be NO extensions as the Appraiser Assignment team will be making assignments on 02/16 or 17 so that the CM’s will know their staff and so the Appraisers can be informed of their assignments ahead of Training.
22-Feb-2020 – Advertising Form Deadline
29-Feb-2020 – Appraiser Training - First United Methodist Church of Niles, 608 N Crandon Ave, Niles, OH 44446
29-Feb-2020 – "March" Board Meeting Following Training
14-Mar-2020 – Tournament @ Youngstown State
16-Mar-2020 – Forms for Ohio DI Tournament due (non-compliance will cost Region 1 money)
4-Apr-2020 – Ohio DI Tournament, Centerville Schools
20-May-2020 - Global Finals, Convention Center, Kansas City, MO